"At first, it seemed to me that I should distance myself a bit from the Marian devotion of my childhood in order to focus more on Christ. Thanks to St. Louis de Montfort, I came to understand that true devotion to the Mother of God is actually Chritocentric; indeed, it is very profoundly rooted in the mystery of the Blessed Trinity, and the mysteries of the Incarnation and Redemption."~Bl. Pope John Paul II

Monday, February 13, 2012

A prayer from the Angel of Peace


In his book, Fatima for Today, Fr. Andrew Apostoli, C. F. R. said, "The Body and Blood with which Jesus feeds us in the Most Blessed Sacrament is the same flesh and blood given by his mother at the moment of his Incarnation." He continued, "As Archbishop Fulton Sheen often said, next to Jesus, no one had more right than our Lady to say about the Eucharist that this is my Body and this is my Blood. We must ask our Lady to teach us how to love Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament."


In 1916 at Fatima, Portugal, the Angel of Peace visited the children: Lucia, Jacinta, and Francesco. On the third visit, he was holding a chalice, and over it was a Eucharistic Host. Jesus' Precious Blood was falling from the Host into the chalice. The Angel left the chalice suspended in the air and then knelt down with the children bowing profoundly (with their foreheads on the ground) before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. The Angel taught them this prayer:


"Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly, and I offer You the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference with which He Himself is offended. And through the infinite merits of His most Sacred Heart, and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of You the conversion of poor sinners."


The Angel instructed the children to say this prayer three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment