"At first, it seemed to me that I should distance myself a bit from the Marian devotion of my childhood in order to focus more on Christ. Thanks to St. Louis de Montfort, I came to understand that true devotion to the Mother of God is actually Chritocentric; indeed, it is very profoundly rooted in the mystery of the Blessed Trinity, and the mysteries of the Incarnation and Redemption."~Bl. Pope John Paul II

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hail, Holy Queen


Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
Our life, our sweetness and our hope!
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious Advocate,
your eyes of mercy towards us, and after this, our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
Pray for us, O holy Mother of God,
that we may be worthy of the
promises of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment