"At first, it seemed to me that I should distance myself a bit from the Marian devotion of my childhood in order to focus more on Christ. Thanks to St. Louis de Montfort, I came to understand that true devotion to the Mother of God is actually Chritocentric; indeed, it is very profoundly rooted in the mystery of the Blessed Trinity, and the mysteries of the Incarnation and Redemption."~Bl. Pope John Paul II

Thursday, February 16, 2012

From Mary's hands to us.

Leo XIII says, "It may be affirmed that, according to God's will, nothing comes to us without going through Mary's hands. Just as no one can approach the Almighty Father except through the Son, so no one can approach Christ except through his Mother" (Encyclical Octobri Mense).

6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Blessed Mom. My house is full of children this morning, all playing and babbling and being just perfect and precious and beautiful. One is my own, as you know, and three are friends. They are banging and running and generally making the joyful noise that swells my heart. I do not deserve the joy they are bringing, but I am trying to take it all in. I am trying to be present in this moment, as I know you would be. I am trying to listen to their chatter, wipe their noses and forget about the dirty sink and unmade beds. Help me to be as you would be on this morning...grateful, loving, patient, and content. Thank you for being my Holy Mother. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very beautiful, Jen. I am sure that Mother Mary is listening to your sweet prayer.

    God bless you and yours!
    Donna-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed Mother, I lay my head on your heart and ask you to hear my heart of concern for my grandchildren. That they may handle peer pressure and place focus where it needs to be so they may find peace and comfort in their lives.Thank you. I love you Jesus,have mercy on me, a sinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear "Anonymous," What a very thoughtful and loving prayer that I am sure our Mother Mary hears.

    God bless you and your family!
    Donna-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Donna, your reply means a lot to me. Please pray for my grandson. He is small and is being bullied at school. My granddaughter is having trouble with her focus at school. I'm most concerned with my grandson right now. Thanks again and keep them in your prayers. It would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will certainly pray for your grandson and your granddaughter. Please have someone address these issues at school. Bullying is such a terrible thing and not fair that your grandson has to suffer. Can you teach him a simple prayer to say when he is bullied? "Dear Mother Mary, help me and please help the bully to stop bullying."

    And, impress upon him that he should seek help from the school staff who are supposed to protect children from this. God bless you and them! I will pray to Mary for help.

    ReplyDelete