"At first, it seemed to me that I should distance myself a bit from the Marian devotion of my childhood in order to focus more on Christ. Thanks to St. Louis de Montfort, I came to understand that true devotion to the Mother of God is actually Chritocentric; indeed, it is very profoundly rooted in the mystery of the Blessed Trinity, and the mysteries of the Incarnation and Redemption."~Bl. Pope John Paul II

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mary re-echoes God

From, God Alone, The Collected Writings of St. Louis Marie de Montfort: "Mary was created only for God, and it is unthinkable that she should reserve even one soul for herself. On the contrary she leads every soul straight to God and to union with him. Mary is the wonderful echo of God. The more a person joins himself to her, the more effectively she units him to God. When we say 'Mary', she re-echoes 'God.'

No comments:

Post a Comment